Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Modern Family Dad Was Bullied as Kid, Had No One to Turn To

Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Modern Family's favorite funny grandpa, Ed O'Neill, is getting serious.
The actor is revealing that struggled with bullying as a kid he, but chose to keep it a secret from his parents...
READ: Jesse Tyler Ferguson opens up about a childhood filled with "fear"
"I mean, when I was a kid I was bullied," O'Neill admitted during an interview airing tomorrow on HDNet's show Inside MMA.
"When I was bullied, there was a certain code of honor when you were a boy at school," he continued. "You didn't go get a teacher and complain about a guy that's bullying you because that was worse," he said.  "And I didn't tell me parents at home because I feel like my father would just say, ‘Well go fight the guy. I don't care how big he is.' So that was a problem. I didn't really know how to handle it myself."
As we previously reported, O'Neill's onscreen son, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, was also a victim of severe bullying, telling us he "lived everyday in fear."
"I left school in the eighth grade and I went to a different school," Ferguson said. "It was hard. It was a horrible, horrible experience."
READ: Is Modern Family Better Than Glee? Here's What the Critics' Choice TV Awards Say...
View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment