Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Alice Cooper offers words of wisdom for LiLo, Sheen

Legendary rocker Alice Cooper, who suffered some serious substance abuse issues in his time and has spent thirty years of sobriety, has some words of wisdom for celebrities like Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen, who just can’t seem to stay out of trouble.
“It was fun in the 60’s and 70’s but those days are gone, if you are living in this day and age there are way too many things to stop your career and not enough things to keep it going,” Fox News quoted him as saying.
“In this business there is two or things you have to do. You have to be totally professional, always be there half an hour early not half an hour late. Be ready to work and do what you are supposed to do,” said Cooper after announcing the nominees for the third annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards presented by Epiphone.
“If you’re doing a movie, know your lines, if you’re doing an album then don’t show up and not know what you’re doing because that’s the stereotypical thing people think rock stars are…it’s not really true. We get in the studio and know exactly what we’re doing.”
And even when he was in the depths of self-destruction, Cooper said it never impacted his work ethic.
“It was just something that was built into us, if you wanted to stick around you really had to be professional. Our band really believed in that. We were over-rehearsed, we never dared come in late,” he said.
“What that says to me is that my time is more important that yours, and that is insulting. You don’t need enemies in this business, you need friends.”
Nonetheless, it wasn’t until his health started drastically declining that he decided to change his bad behaviors once and for all.
“I had to quit drinking thirty years ago because I was getting up in the morning and throwing up blood and that is probably not a good thing. I think that might have been a sign to quit drinking, and what it really did was put thirty more years on my life. I never smoked cigarettes,” Cooper continued.
“I’ve been married 35 years with the greatest wife in the world, and all those things really contribute to (staying clean) and I have never lost my love for the big power chords.”
And who knows, maybe Lohan or even Sheen would benefit from taking up golf – after all, it has worked wonders for the 63-year-old.
“I play for fun even though I’ve won a lot of tournaments and I play pretty good, but it is only because I play a lot – six days a week. It took the addiction of drinking six days a week, now I play golf six days a week but at least I am going to live to talk about it,” he said.
“If I was drinking six days a week like I used to, I wouldn’t be here,” he added. (ANI)
Categories: Hollywood news and Gossips
View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment